11.25.2010

places i'd love to live [contemporary beach house]

First off…  happy thanksgiving!  After a great evening with family and friends, I thought I’d try to post some places/projects I’ve been inspired by lately. And as holidays are all about being home with family, here’s the first post for a new category [places I’d like to live].  And as my taste for home design seems to changes often, there will be more to come.
this week | clean, contemporary beach house
There are many reasons why I love this place, first is it’s location. Located in Stinson Beach, CA which is about a 45 minute drive from my hometown and it is a perfect little beach town right outside the city[san francisco].  Sitting in the shadow of the beautiful Mount Tamalpais, there are amazing views in every direction. Second, I love it’s clean, textural design quality. Built by architects Matthew Peek and Renta Ancona, this project is not only beautiful, it is sustainable and disaster resistant.  Built in a flood zone, this home has been built to sustain hurricanes, tsunamis, and a drastic rise of sea level [as it sits 12 feet of the ground]. This home is also only 450 square feet… with 350 square feet of deck space, yet it feels expansive.  Green technology includes passive heating and cooling, natural lighting, and radiant heated flooring. And I LOVE the wood cladding and porch cover. So when can I move in?  




 
[designed by Matthew Peek and Renta Ancona, discovered at Dwell]

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS. How much is it!!! Can I move tomorrow!!!

    Love the wood etchings too. You're so very clever.

    ReplyDelete